AASE details announced for 2014.
British Dressage has been working with British Eventing and Hartpury College to develop a new Equestrian Apprenticeship (Advanced Apprenticeship in Sporting Excellence or AASE).
This programme is designed for young talented riders who are hoping to ride internationally and aims to support your training and competing whilst giving you the opportunity to gain a background an all aspects of being an elite rider.
The course can be delivered as a full time student at Hartpury College, or studied from home with regular support and can even be studied alongside A-levels at your local school or College.
The specific entry criteria for dressage and para dressage are:-
• Riders should be competing consistently at Medium level and above and achieving 65% or more.
• (Applicants should have a minimum of four results at the level required in the 12 months prior to application).
• Riders will also be considered on younger horses (up to 7 years of age) who demonstrate the potential to compete successfully at International level and are already competing consistently at Elementary or above and achieving 70% or more.
• Please note freestyle scores do not count towards minimum criteria.
Para Equestrian Dressage
• Riders must have a current classification and should be consistently and currently scoring 62% in their relevant grade at BD Para Dressage Competitions.
• Please note freestyle scores cannot be counted.
Applications are now open and close on 07 April.
If you have any queries about the course please contact Hartpury College – there’s lots of information about Hartpury College on their website or contact their AASE Coordinator Jennifer Mellows on 01452 702245 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.